At Bridge of Allan Dental Care we have treated numerous patients who are extremely nervous of dental treatment. Patients who are almost in tears just booking their appointment.
There are a number of things we do to help the anxious dental patient overcome their dental fears. Below is a number of ways in which we can help.
- Being sympathetic and caring.
- Listening to what your particular stressor is. Is it injections or is it the noise of the drill?
- Applying a topical anaesthetic gel prior to any injections.
- Using the finest and shortest needles possible along with our fantastic new vibraject system.
- Explaining exactly what is going to happen. This in itself can often dispel an unwarranted perceived fear.
- Letting you listen to your favourite music through our noise cancelling headphones or on our docking station.
- Watching a movie on our DVD goggles.
- Oral sedation tablets. A Temazepam tablet can be administered prior to your treatment.
- And of course, being very, very gentle.
The above is not an exhaustive list but it gives you a flavour of what is possible
Our team at Bridge of Allan Dental Care, with their relaxed and informal approach will help to put you at ease. No matter how anxious you feel, rest assured we have seen somebody more nervous and will do everything we can to help you overcome your fear. Why not make an appointment today to discuss your individual needs with us and see for yourself how fearless dentistry can be.
Last modified: August 12 2016 14:00:55.